Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Welcome, Sweet Corbin - Part 3


Corbin was beautifully perfect.

The moment I heard his first cries, I was struck at how different he already was from his brother. They sounded nothing alike, and how interesting it was that I recognized and remembered immediately.

He had dark hair, a dimpled chin, and a cry that reminded me of a little cat (not so much the pterodactyl of brother).
He was born at 8:22 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds, 3.4 oz, and 20 inches long...so a little bigger than the 7 pounds the doctor told us at our last appointment.

I was able to feed him right after they cleaned him all up, which was a great feeling. I was also doing sooooo much better than after I delivered Owen. It was so sweet to be able to enjoy my son right after birth, along with our excited family.
Corbin, Joe and I got to great our family, and I got to love on my first born while Mr. C was in the nursery getting checked out and scrubbed over. Owen was pretty excited to get to see me and Daddy again. And Daddy was pretty excited to get to show off Baby to Brother in the nursery too.

We had a pretty long first night in the hospital with waking up baby, getting woken up for medicine and vitals for me and baby, and noise in the hallway. The zombie phase had begun.

All went well health-wise for us both, and we were able to go home Thursday morning. My mom and dad stayed with us through the weekend, then my mom stayed for the next week and help us adjust as a family of four. THANKS MOM and DAD!

Owen has been great. We've had a few bumps with attitude issues and wanting me to hold him and sit in my lap, when there was no way I could. That has been hard for me as a mom to know I can't do everything for my son, whom I have tried to do everything for the last 3 years.
Corbin has proven to be his own person too. He, sadly, is not quite the easy-going baby I had asked for, but I wouldn't return him for the world. He wants to be held most of the day. When he is held, he bucks back and kicks his head out, making it difficult to hold him. And he throws his little head every which way...making it difficult to hold him. See an interesting trend? Wants to be held, but not??? Yeah, it's neat. The kid can pass gas with the best of them too! He nurses pretty well, but falls asleep very easily -- making him want to eat more often because he keeps falling asleep! ARG! Then, on the other hand, he goes on marathon bouts where he wants to eat for like an hour straight. Ahhh, babies....why can't you just have a display screen of what you need?
Corbin Jack, we are so excited to have you in our family. You have blessed us already, and you've only been here for a short time. Welcome, Sweet Corbin, let's do life together. What do you say?

No comments: