Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Our Second Year of School

A few weeks ago, Owen started his second year of Mother's Day Out/Preschool at the local church. He has a great group of teachers again this year with Mrs. Kyung and Mrs. Sara. He also started the year off officially wearing big boy undies to school too.

I think it was a gift from God that we had one of the easiest potty training experiences I've heard about. With baby #2 on the way, this momma was pooped (nice...), but we needed just ONE kid in diapers in this family.

We'd had a training froggy potty around for several months and he would off and on go. But as I looked at our dwindling pile of diapers, I said, "O, we are not buying any more diapies, after these are gone, we're on to the big boy potty." We picked out a few packs of undies, had a day or two of asking "if his shorts were dry" and giving him a treat if they were, and not making a big deal of accidents if they happened. After a few days and a couple of pull-ups at night and during naps, we've been 100% big boy! There have still been a few accidents, but Owen has done great, and I couldn't be prouder. Though his demands for Scooby Doo underwear at all times are sometimes not easily met.

And with that, he has been doing great at school. We had a bit of drop-off drama the first few weeks, then I decided to have a baby his second week of school (more on that later). But when I took him last week, after he told me he was scared of school, he decided he'd walk in, tell his friends "Hi." and have a great day. And you know what? He did! I am so proud.

Keep it up, Owen. You're a charmer. And a goof. And overly-dramatic. And...we love you!

(He's grown a little over a siding slat since last year!)


No comments: