I have had back pain before, always the lower back. A few advil usually did the trick or a good night's sleep. Well, advil is out. Extra strength tylenol seems like a joke at this point, and a good night's sleep has been hard to come by between cold stuff and baby stuff.
So, needless to say, I am sad and hurting. =( I've missed spending time with my family and barely made it through Easter service at church. blarg.
If any of you mommies have had this type of thing and have any good solutions, please pass them along -- as well as your prayers!
6 comments:
Leanna, I had terrible back pain pretty much from week 20ish until giving birth to Lainey. I was about at the physical therapy option, but stopped just short of it. The OB wrote me a prescription to get a belt fitted to help take off some of the weight from the back area. You might try asking for a custom fit belt- or maybe even just a regular belt will help. I really am sorry because I know how much pain I was in. Much of the pain was relieved after birth. I will keep you in my prayers.-Emily M.
So sorry about that! :(
I didn't have bad back pain, but I did have very bad headaches that Tylenol didn't even touch. The dr. prescribed Darvocet, which did the trick. It was the same thing she gave me for recovery after Caleb was born.
I had pain at my tailbone, and I shamelessly took a seat cushion to church with me. It was either that or not go! I put it in any chair I sat in at home, too, and it looks like it might be coming out again pretty soon.
I'm right there with you on the back pain. Sometime sleeping on the couch helps so that the back of the couch offers support. A preggo pillow (the boppy one is the best... I've borrowed a friend's) can also help, but sometimes it annoys me.
Swimming. Takes the weight off for a little while. But then it comes right back when you get out of the pool. :-(
I'm looking into a prenatal massage. Can't decide... it's close to the end, but sleep is so illusive these days.
I had a prenatal massage, but wasn't really that impressed. But I've never had that "I feel so much better!" experience with a massage, anyway.
The body pillow is nice, but like Karen, it annoys me sometimes. And scares me when I walk in the room and think someone is sleeping in my bed!
My dr. today said that she prescribes Ambien for patients nearing delivery who aren't sleeping well. It's "perfectly safe" and allows you to rest up for the Big Day. Doesn't help now, but good to know for the future. I sure could've used it the week before Caleb was born!
Thanks guys for the ideas. I will probably check into the body pillow thing.
Lyd - on the Ambien, yes, it works for some, but can go horribly wrong in others. Joe's sister burnt herself while sleepwalking...and other stories.
We can take benadryl, can't we? If that makes you sleepy. But when you're uncomfortable, it's hard to sleep regardless.
Post a Comment