Monday, April 12, 2010

30 weeks!

Yikes! Tomorrow is 30 weeks. It seems so fast and so slow at the same time.

This weekend, Joe and I attended our Prepared Childbirth class at the hospital where we will deliver. It was taught by a very nice nurse from the hospital. She was British and told it like it is, so that was also fun.

We learned some good info on what to look for and what actually happens during birth. We got to talk to a pediatrician and an anesthesiologist, as well as go over some relaxation things. I think the biggest thing I took away from the class was how freakin' big 1o centimeters is! OH MY GOD! There is nothing left to say on that.

I think it was also great for Joe to get a bit of a crash course in what has been going on the last few months with mom and baby and what will happen when the real business stats!

Tomorrow, with our 30-week appointment we have a sonogram to see where the placenta (ewww, icky word) is attached and see how everything is going. I'm a bit nervous, but just trusting God to take care of us and O'Baby!

Cannot believe we are like 2 months away at this point. Sounds long in one sense and soooooooo very soon in another. Prayers are always accepted and appreciated!

And no, little dude still doesn't have a name.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

The placenta: icky word, but awesome...whatever it is...muscle? organ? Thing. Anyway, the dr. showed mine to me, and it was pretty cool. In an out-of-it-just-pushed-out-a-baby-and-could-kiss-everyone kind of way. My emotions at that point could have been compromised.

Glad the childbirth class went well!