Today, we almost all tossed our cookies as a result.
You see, we didn't know quite where or when it fell off. We knew it had to be somewhere. And, as I was sunning my poor, sweet boy in the window, Ryker was a little too interested in something else.
Today, Ryker found the umbilical cord. He started a-licking, I started a-gagging! However, in quick diplomatic fashion, I scooped it up off the floor before it could go anywhere else, threw it away and died laughing.
Oh, to have a baby and a RykerDog. What craziness we have to look forward to.
On Owen's 8th day, we're still working on feeding between son and mama, waiting on better news for his jaundice and still trying to find the balance between sanity, sleep and love. My mom has been an awesome help. Joe has been a great hubby. Ryker has been an great big brother (besides the above weirdness). And our family and friends have showered us with prayer and encouragement.
Owen, we may not be there yet, but I think we are off to a good start!
4 comments:
Grossie! Leave it to the big bro to find the cord for you. Do you think he snagged it right off Owen's belly??
No cord means Owen can get real baths now! Caleb hated his first few baths. I think I was scared to get the water too hot, so it was too cold. And I didn't know what the heck I was doing. Babies can smell insecurity. :) He did great when my mom bathed him!
I love the "sunning" pictures. The light is so beautiful, and the subject is adorable.
So happy to hear Owen is progressing; the jaundice will clear up soon. I love the window pics, too...beautiful!
Ryker is too funny!
This was a laugh out loud moment in the office as I read your post. At least he hadn't been sitting there a long time chewing or eating it. Licking isn't quite so bad...maybe a bonding opportunity? Sounds like you're making great memories.
Oh my goodness! That is really gross and so something like a dog would do. I, of course, immediately told my mom and dad (they were grossed out too) and said it was the "best umbilical cord story they'd heard all day." So there you have it. Thanks for the update and I am ready for many more stories to come.
Post a Comment