This Saturday we worked hard. We worked hard to have a room that someone would actually want to hang out in. Specifically, a very small someone set to arrive one month from today!
With the generous help of so many and the sweat and mobility of Joe and his mom, we got the baby's room up to snuff this afternoon --- and I LOVE IT!
It's so friendly, peaceful and not overdone (in my opinion at least!).
Here's a few pics of what we've done today...

This is right inside the door, a fun scripture and eventually O'Baby's foot or handprint.

Looking through the door along the nearest wall. The fun polka dot lamp makes me smile and the dinosaur bank was mine when I was little!

The awesome dresser and nifty swing. Eventually, we'll get a rocker or glider to go here sometime soon.

Going to make some fun tie-backs for the curtains and perhaps add some color blocks to the bottom.

Love the crib bedding! We're planning on putting O'Baby's name or initials somehow in the middle of the two pictures.

So, that's about it! I love it! It makes me happy and I hope it makes O'Baby happy too! So, anytime you're ready little dude, so are we! Love you!
5 comments:
What an awesome room! You're right: it's beautiful and bright--not overdone, and just right for a baby. He'll love it.
I love the lamp, and the picture frame for his footy-print is a great idea! This is such a peaceful room, I know you'll love spending time there, too.
The swing: We turned ours the other way, with the post part next to the wall. You could still face the swing out to the room.
This is just perfect!!
It looks really pretty! I like the crib bedding. Where did you get it?
Thanks guys! T - we got the bedding at Land of Nod...cute stuff.
Beautiful nursery! I think my favorite is the wall color, so peaceful. Holly's prints are amazing! Does she market her work? She should! The dresser is perfectly matched to the crib, and the bedding is adorable. You did a GREAT job!
Thanks Carolyn. The paint is called Southern Breeze, kind of a sea glass color. And yes, Holly has done some stuff on commission before. She is so good, I wish she'd do more!
Post a Comment