I feel like a fake.
It seems like one of my weird dreams where Joe and I told our family that we're expecting a baby of our own so many weeks ago. We decided we would wait until our doctor's appointment to really spread the news. Because, really, only God knows what will happen with this baby.
So, I call, they tell me to wait another month before we can come in. What! A Month! So, we wait.
In the meantime, I feel like a fake. I don't feel pregnant. I don't get sick. I don't really feel that different at all. You would think for something so life altering, there would be some more in-your-face changes. The biggest things I can really tell are that I have more sudden, unknown narcoleptic naps than I usually do...but later in the day or at night. There have been a few times where if I didn't get to a bed or couch in that instant, I was going to be on the floor. And then, I guess, my chest! It's growing, aching all the time. I can really get over that one.
Our appointment is next Thursday. The grandparents-to-be are all excited that they get to finally share the news. I want to be excited too. Because, right now, I don't know what to feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment