Thursday, May 10, 2012

Big Boy Room

I've started thinking about O's Big Boy Room. EEKKK!

In just about a month, my sweet baby boy will be turning two! He's amazing. All the words he knows. His fearless attitude about exploring and climbing things. Playing better with friends. He's getting to be such a big boy.

So...what's a mom to do, but dream of the next step. (Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have plenty of panic attacks along the way before anything happens). The plan so far is to use Joe's old bunk beds. His mom did us a favor and picked out pretty straight simple lines, so they won't look too dated or retro. I hope to stain them the same color as his dresser and crib.

He hasn't climbed out of his crib yet. He still sleeps well in it. But, dang, that kid is just getting big. And when potty training comes along and who knows what else, it'll be time.

After looking at several bedding options, I jumped on this one. PBK was having a deal. I loved the look and I loved that it could go with just about any sheeting you put under it! So, here's a preview of what O's big boy bedroom could look like...minus the blue on the beds and the awesome wood walls and tons of light. But you get the idea...

2 comments:

KarenD said...

Oh man, I love anything from PBK or at least stuff INSPIRED by them (since they tend to be so pricey).

Have fun! It's nice to have a NEED to redo a room, huh?

Lydia said...

LOVE it! It really will go with everything!