Friday, May 20, 2011

11 Months and a bit of Denial!


Happy 11 Months, Mr. Owen!

I am amazed every day the things you learn, all you can do and how much you've grown. This months seems to have been very busy for you.

Owen is wearing 12 and 18 month clothes, and still in size three diapers, but maybe not for too much longer. He is somewhere around 22 lbs from our at-home weigh-ins and is quite tall (ahem, we haven't measured). O now has 2 bottom teeth and 4 top teeth!!! And more and more fuzzy white-blonde is coming in every day!

A few of this month's accomplishments have been pulling up to a stand in our crib. This is so neat when you go to get him in the morning and he's ready and waiting! This is so not neat when it's time for nap or bed time and he fusses, fights and stands up defiantly.

O has also mastered the crawl pretty well. He can get any where he wants pretty much, which again is great for him and sometimes not so great for mommy, daddy or puppy. However, we'd still rather walk anywhere than crawl still. And that is our major update!! Not only can we walk with one hand now, Mr O has EVEN walked a few steps and stood by himself. He is a lot better at it when he doesn't know he's doing it. Wow, it is just around the corner. I really do believe if he really wanted to he could walk right now by himself, but that's ok, I'll give him a bit more time!

What else...we still love to clap. We are an absolute pill on the changing table. We love to talk to other babies when when we're out and about. I've even seen Owen crawl over to Ryker to get willingly licked. I have a feeling these two will be all sorts of trouble together.

This month has been a hard month too. Owen wants so desperately to be more independent, but being a baby that is a hard thing to come by. So, mom and baby have suffered through many battles together. It is a hard, hard thing, this parenting gig. But when he smiles and laughs, oh, the whole world melts, I think.

So, denial. I'm there, that river in Egypt. I'm swimming in it.
One. How can my squanchy baby be one? We just brought him home a few weeks ago, right?
Are they still babies? I am excited about all the things O will get to do soon in his second year of life! But wow, I am so amazed at how time that seemed to drag day by day has rapidly turned into a year!

Happy 11 Months, O! Keep growing, learning and having a ball!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Um, Rexie looks positively TINY in that top picture! Eleven months have gone by so quickly. You are a good mommy to your O'Bear, and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Leanna said...

So the perspective might be off a wee bit. It was not one of our better photo shoot days...he moves a lot more now!