Thursday, February 17, 2011

8 months!

See this guy?

This guy is 8 months old.

I feel like I'm doing these updates every day, not every month...has it really been a month?

Little dude weighs about 20.5 lbs and is taller than the underside of our black table -- see how scientific I am! He's somewhere in between size 3 and 4 diapers and he's slimming down a bit from his baby bulk. This between sizes thing is going to drive his mama insane, but what else is new. He in size 9 month or 12 month clothes depending on the maker. And he's stinkin' cute!!!
This month, we're wanting to pull up and walk EVERYWHERE. If you put out your fingers and say, "Up," O will grab them in about one second and be on his little feet. We do a lot of one step forward two steps back, sideways or on top, but he LOVES it!!! We're still working on the clapping with no success. But, I think he may have given a bit of a wave the other morning to his daddy.
We're down to about two naps a day. We're still Mr. Fussypants most of the time, but yesterday we had a long conversation with our neighbor outside and he didn't even mind (he had a stick to chew on).

Owen also got to meet another great-grandma, Grandma Rosemary in from El Paso with Aunt Kathy. We had a lovely visit with both over a few days, and he had his charm turned on strong. What a goob! Next week, O and I will make the trek down to Kingwood again to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom/Grandma!!
Off to enjoy some more of our FABULOUS 70 degree winter weather. Heck, after the arctic blast, we deserve it!

Keep growing, and learning and smiling, munchkinino! We love you bunches!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I can tell he's starting to slim up!

One thing to think about with the in-between stages of diapers: Huggies and Pampers size differently. It seems like we went from a Pampers 2 to a Huggies 2, then to a Pampers 3. We didn't make it to size 4 until Caleb was almost potty-trained! Anyway, maybe try a small package of another brand for the in-between stages.

He's so handsome! The pic with his great-gma looks like he's a year old!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leanna! I am in Houston now when y'all come down let me know! my number is 915-346-5624! We can try to meet up or something if y'all have time!

Anonymous said...

Baby is precious! I can't wait to meet him!!!

Dreamer.Thinker.Player. said...

Cutie Pie! Happy 8 months!